Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whoah! That's a buncha sugar!

Since I follow a diet of 15g of sugar or less per day, I naturally wanted to know just how much sugar is in the items I was once in love with...the "treats" that made me as fat as I am! Grrr! Here goes!

#1 McDonalds Frappe- (Large)
Alrighty, my amigos. This is SHOCKING to me. The sugar content of a Large Frappe from Micky D's is an astounding 88 grams of sugar! Ay caramba! That's 5 days of sugar all fr-apped up into one! Oh, no no. I dont want that hanging outta MY jeans, no thanks.

#2 Milk.
Oh, how I miss milk. But one serving of this delicious beverage (1% MILK) is 13g of sugar. I love milk, but apparently it doesnt always "do the body good". I understand it's healthy for bones and teeth, but just because we need calcium doesnt mean we have to get it from milk. Veggies have calcium, cheese has calcium, and if all else fails, vitamins have a good source of calcium as well.

#3 Cheesecake.
I'm not the biggest cheesecake fan in the world, but lemme tell ya, I've had my fair share of this delicious treat. (Mouth is watering as we speak...). I don't believe I know anyone who actually eats cheesecake on a daily basis, of course, but I listed this because although it's a favorite dessert, it's fair to know just how much sugar we consume in one serving. One slice of Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake is 37g of sugar per slice. Ouch!
#4 Fruit.
Fruit is loaded with nutrients, yes, but also loaded with sugar. The BellyFatCure recomends that you limit your consumption of sugar to reduce belly fat, so you must limit your fruit intake. Here's a few. Bananas are only 3g of sugar per serving, which is great! I like that! 1 cup of cantaloupe is 14g of sugar, yikes! I remember eating an entire cantaloupe just because it was fruit! Ya gotta watch it, people! Apples are the same, 16g per medium apple. I know, it's fruit and fruit is supposed to be great for your body, but with MY diet and MY research of the Belly Fat Cure Diet, an apple a day WONT keep the doctor away, but it WILL keep you from buttoning your jeans. :)

#5 Peanut Butter.
Although 2 tbsp of JIF Peanut Butter is only 3g of sugar, pair it with 1 tbsp of Smuckers Strawberry Jam at 12g of sugar, you've got more than 15 grams of sugar in one sandwich. Wow.

#6 Candy. Duh.
Duh, candy is packed full of sugar, I know this, but a candy bar every now and then is okay, right? WRONG. Since we just celebrated Valentines Day, there is candy everywhere screaming EAT ME! But, take a second to check the nutrition facts. 4 pieces of Snickers Minis are 18g of sugar! 18!! A regular full-sized snickers is 29g----whoah. No bueno.

Fill your plate with lean meats and veggies! Snack on cheese instead of snickers! Pass up the cheesecake! You wont regret it, I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment